Saturday, December 12, 2009

Update

(edited.)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, it's Erin, the Fulbright ETA in Moldova.

    Just wanted to let you know that things here suck sometimes too! You're not alone! For the last three weeks I have had to work on Saturdays. (The worst was when I got up at 6:30 for an 8:00 class...and then none of my students even showed up.) Even on Sunday (my one day off) I have to spend all of my time prepping for classes. People rarely seem to appreciate the fact that I'm working 6 days a week and just ask me when I'm going to have all my paperwork turned in!

    The administration here drives me up the wall, and I've learned to just nod and say yes and then ignore what they say. It sucks because I am used to being able to express my opinion, but it's easier in the long run. At any rate, it's helpful to remember the fact that if people treat you badly enough (and it seems like the people at your university unfortunately do) you can always make sure to let them know that you're going to tell the people at the embassy that they should never send an ETA to this university again. You do have some leverage! I would also say to document the problems you are having so you can submit an exhaustive dossier to the embassy at a later date. (I'm not sure if the people at your embassy are sympathetic, but the ones here in Moldova definitely are.)

    Anyways, I can definitely empathize with some of your problems, and I hope things improve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete